Three scholarships are offered each year to THESA members. THESA offers these three scholarships for Home Economics educators and student teachers to further their educational goals. The scholarships currently award five hundred dollars each. All scholarship applications and supporting information must be postmarked no later than April 15th.
- The Wineva Jones Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a home economics student in his/her final year of teacher education. Click here for the application form.
- The THESA Graduate Scholarship is awarded to a graduate student pursuing a master or a doctorate degree that would benefit Home Economics education in B.C.. Click here for the application form.
- The Dr. Linda Peterat Scholarship is awarded to a Teacher Education student, Graduate student, or Home Ec Education Diploma student at the discretion of the committee.
- Must be an active BCTF and THESA member.
- Applicants must apply by the deadline published in the winter THESA newsletter.
- Must supply documentation of grades, personal and professional references and involvement in committees as outlined on the application form.
- The scholarship chair is an elected member of the THESA executive.
- The scholarship chair will strike a committee to review applications.
- Members of the committee cannot be scholarship applicants.
- The successful applicant will be notified of the committee’s decision by the scholarship chair.
- The successful applicants will be recognized in the newsletter and on the website.