Home Economics Educators of BC have been actively involved in the development of the new ADST draft framework . View what is available below.
- ADST grades K-9 draft
- ADST 10-12 Drafts
- ADST 10-12 Drafts on the Ministry Website
- Updated Drafts (yet to be edited) worked on by the Home Ec Curriculum Writing Team Nov 22-24, 2017
- These are working drafts shared by the home ec curriculum writing team. They are being shared for your information and interest. They are subject to change.
- If you would like to make a comment or suggestion on these new drafts and if you are a THESA member, visit our facebook page to see the documents posted and comment directly on the documents. If you are not a THESA member, you can view the documents here and send your comments to the Ministry of Education.
- The big changes are in the Curricular Competencies. No adaptations have been made to the Big Ideas or Curricular Content with one exception. Fashion Industry is new, so give comments on the content of that course, not just the competencies.
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
Click here to view a slideshow (created by THESA members who wrote the curriculum) that helps navigate the Ministry website, explains what is new and what is the same, and clarifies myths and truths about the new curriculum.
IMAGE designed by CUEBC
The Integrated Resource Packages for Foods, Textiles, and Family Studies are completed and have been signed off by the Minister. Full implementation is now required!
The new IRPs are available below for: