Home Economics Educators of BC have been actively involved in the development of the new ADST draft framework . View what is available below.
- ADST grades K-9 draft
- ADST 10-12 Drafts
- ADST 10-12 Drafts on the Ministry Website
- All Updated Drafts 10-12 drafts (yet to be edited by the Ministry) worked on by the Home Ec Curriculum Writing Team January 15-17, 2018
- These are working drafts shared by the home ec curriculum writing team. They are being shared for your information and interest. They are subject to change.
- If you would like to make a comment or suggestion, you can view the documents here and send your comments to the Ministry of Education.
- The big changes are in the Curricular Competencies. We have made small adaptations to the Big Ideas and Curricular Content. Fashion Industry is new, so give comments on the content of that course, not just the competencies. We will also be developing a Specialized Food Studies 12 course this spring. We will post this draft here when it is complete.
- These are working drafts and the formatting is not pretty, but it will give you an idea of what is to come.
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
Click here to view a slideshow (created by THESA members who wrote the curriculum) that helps navigate the Ministry website, explains what is new and what is the same, and clarifies myths and truths about the new curriculum.
IMAGE designed by CUEBC
The Integrated Resource Packages for Foods, Textiles, and Family Studies are completed and have been signed off by the Minister. Full implementation is now required!
The new IRPs are available below for: